How Did I Get Here?
Finding Your Way Back to God When Everything is Pulling You Away
- ISBN :9781400230006
- Format :Paperback
- Pricing Attribute :Normal
- Page Count :256
- Dimensions :139 x 213 x 17 mm
- Weight :217 gm
- Publication Date :8 Jul 2021
- Publisher :Thomas Nelson Publishers(HarperCollins Publishers)
- Author :Christine Caine
Do you feel lost? Disconnected? Like you’re just going through the motions?
When you don’t know the next step to take, God’s grace empowers you with a way forward. His hope offers an anchor for the soul and a way to get back on track. His faithfulness declares that wherever you are now, he is always ready to bring you home.
As a respected Bible teacher, author, and activist, Christine Caine knew that Jesus was her only anchor. But after an especially difficult season, she found herself drifting, unsure if she wanted to keep going the way she always had and asking, “How did I get here?” as she struggled to return to the steadiness of God’s purpose for her. Where she once wanted to take ground, she now just wanted to take cover. It was a bewildering and disorienting place to be—one you may also have found yourself in before.
With refreshing candor and relatable humor, Christine offers biblical insights helping you :
- identify nine signs you are drifting off course and realign with God’s purpose;
- ask the right questions about your relationships with God, others, and your own heart so you can stay anchored in truth despite the world’s shifting currents;
- move from a what-if faith to an even-if faith as you discover how to trust God more deeply; and
- wrestle honestly with your soul’s longings so we can respond to all the ways God answers—even when it feels like he doesn’t.
Writing for all who feel empty of the spiritual passion they once knew, Christine vulnerably shares her journey of turning her eyes back to Jesus in her thoughts, prayers, actions, and the hard questions she asked along the way.