From Pain To Power
- ISBN :9781601427724
- Format :Paperback
- Pricing Attribute :Normal
- Page Count :239
- Publication Date :22-Oct-15
- Publisher :Penguin Random House LLC
- Author :Mary Ellen Mann
Description :Sexual violation was not your choice, but recovery is.
As a survivor of sexual trauma, you've likely experienced feelings of shame and confusion, and weakening of your faith and trust. It may feel like no one understands. And each day you're simply trying to survive. But the reality is you are meant for much more than survival. You are born with the right to use the pain as a point of power and reclaim what was taken without permission--your true identity.
Author Mary Ellen Mann understands. She's been there. In From Pain to Power, she weaves personal story and years of research and counseling experience to provide comfort and respect, biblical insight, guided imagery, and self-care strategies. She will help you: - Regain your power, safety, and sense of self
- Go to battle as a "Princess Warrior"
- Learn to trust your gut instinct again
- Protect yourself from further assault
- Reconcile your faith in God, who understands your doubt and anger Mary Ellen Mann stands in your corner as you restore and honor your rightful femininity, find your voice of reason, and choose to live a legacy-filled life. Includes tips and resources for spouses, parents, ministry leaders, and advocates who want to help survivors of sexual assault.