Believers In Business
- ISBN :9789810538194
- Format :Paperback
- Pricing Attribute :Normal
- Page Count :302
- Publication Date :01-Jan-2006
- Publisher :Thomas Nelson Publishers(HarperCollins Publishers)
- Author :Laura Nash
Description :• How do I resolve workplace conflicts sparked by differences of belief?
• How much profit can I conscientiously seek?
• Can I justify using prayer to try to beat the competition?
• Should I bring up the issue of faith with my co-workers, or should I keep my beliefs to myself?
It often seems difficult—if not impossible—to reconcile matters of faith and business. At times it may appear that the Christian values of charity and selflessness are directly opposed to the profitable exploitation of the marketplace. And if profit is unacceptable, why are Christians involved in business at all?
As Laura Nash demonstrates in this eye-opening study of more than 85 Christian CEOs and top executives, Christians have good cause for concern over the relationship between commerce and faith. Yet we also have cause to rejoice: many of the executives profiled find that their faith is a source of unending strength and inspiration in the workplace.
It is these stories that form the refreshing look at the positive effect of faith within the realm of business. Inspiring and thought-provoking—and featuring a detailed study guide — Believers in Business is as invaluable for individual use as it is for group discussion. The result is a book that will change the way you perceive your role in the business world.