- ISBN :9780801091711
- Format :Paperback
- Pricing Attribute :Normal
- Page Count :286
- Publication Date :1-Mar-04
- Publisher :Baker Publishing Group
- Author :Aubrey Malphurs
Description :Training the next generation of leaders is crucial to spreading the gospel, yet most churches have no formal way of doing this. Why? Tight budgets, small staffs, and a lack of know-how are just a few reasons suggested by church consultants Aubrey Malphurs and William Mancini in this groundbreaking book.
Building Leaders provides real-life examples of ways churches can unleash their true ministry potential by training staff members and laypeople to lead. With step-by-step instructions that can be applied to any church or parachurch ministry, Building Leaders shows readers how to: - empower, not just train, leaders
- overcome obstacles to developing leaders
- identify emerging leaders
- use biblical models for training leaders
- form a leadership training program to fit any size or budget
Packed with surveys, discussion questions, and a leadership development guide, Building Leaders will encourage leaders to "duplicate themselves" in order to see their ministry grow. It is a perfect resource for ministry students, church leaders, and pastors.